<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Knittin' Gal
trials & tribulations
of a newbie knitter

The Hodge Podge Blankie

Wednesday, March 16, 2005
Have you ever had one of those days where you are positively unproductive? Well, I am having one of those days today and when one is working from home, one has a SERIOUS problem. Anyways, thought that I'd ramble on a little.

So, prior to the middle of last week, the only things I knew about knitting was how to knit, purl, cast on and bind off, oh and how to use different colours as well. My current project is my hodge podge blanket as shown below. My mum found some bits and pieces from my old and not completed projects (more than 15 years old) when she was cleaning the store room. I frogged the pieces and decided to start knitting squares and make a blanket of sorts. Then, when I was in Australia late last year, I found some really cheap yarn and continued the project.


My hodge podge blankie
The blanket is supposed to be a queen size one but right now, it may be a single. I was running out of material to knit with but then some of the members of the KL Knitting Meetup Group, GAVE me yarn which they aren't going to use. VERY generous of them. Many thanks. Then, Laura and I got together and made an online purchase at Elann. I bought even more material for my blanket. And THEN, my sister in Australia (bless the smurf's kind heart), got me some more and is sending it down via a family friend. The stash should arrive sometime this week hehehe...

I think that this blanket might be too warm for Malaysia AND it is getting rather heavy. However, when my dad saw it (he had had a few drinks by this time), he claimed possession over it. Why? I have no idea. But the plan is to get it to queen size somehow, knit a white border so that the edging is somewhat even and to stick on a smooth, cotton cover behind (the back is REALLY ugly as my stitching stinks).

Truth be told, I'm not a very artistic sort of person / one who has good taste. I don't know if this looks good or not but it is fun to do, a little boring but fun. I mean, little squares are easy and fast and when I get bored of a colour / yarn, I just move on to the next. I have absolutely NO IDEA what this will end up looking like but I am hoping to complete it before I pass on. Who knows, it might just be a family heirloom one of these days.
12:23 pm :: ::
1 Comments:
  • wow, you go girl! That's such a cool piece of artwork. You must have spend lots of time and energy on it.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:34 pm  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Knittin Gal :: permalink